Prawn puffs Ingredients:
For the filling
Prawns, shelled 1/2 kg.
Onion, chopped fine 2 nos.
Tomato, chopped fine 2 nos.
Milk 4-5 tbsps.
A few drops
For the dough
Maida 4 cups
Water 2 cups
Eggs 2-3 eggs
Breadcrumbs As required
Ghee 2 tbsps.
Prawn puffs Preparation:
1. Wash, devein & clean the prawns, then boil and mince the prawns.
2. Saute the onions and tomato in oil till brown in color.
3. Now add prawns, fry for a few minutes, then add the milk and lime juice.
4. Once a thick paste forms remove from the heat and keep aside.
5. Boil the water, and then add the salt and ghee.
6. Next add the flour stirring continuously, then remove from the heat and knead while hot.
7. Roll out, cut into rounds and place little prawn filling in each round.
8. Seal the edges, dip in beaten egg and coat with bread crumbs.
9. Deep fry in hot oil till golden brown.
10. Serve hot with sauce or chutney.