Tandoori Roti Ingredients:
Maida 1 kg
Baking powder 1½ tbsp.
Sugar ½ tbsp.
Onion seeds 15 gms
Melted ghee 50 gms.
Eggs 2 nos.
Milk 115 gms.
Beaten curd/yogurt 2½ ounces
Salt 1 tsp.
Tandoori Roti Method:
1. Beat egg well.
2. Add sugar and milk and beat nicely once again.
3. Sieve together flour, salt and baking powder.
4. Mix in melted butter along with Curd/Yogurt and milk and mix nicely.
5. Add enough water to form dough of medium consistency. Knead the dough until it turns very smooth.
6. Cover and set aside for half an hour. Then divide the dough into large walnut-sized balls and shape each ball on your hands into an oblong-shaped roti.
7. Apply melted butter or Ghee on both sides of the roti and smear one side of the roti liberally with onion seeds and bake in a tandoor.
8. You can also bake this roti on an open fire or oven or sigri, but it tastes better when baked in a tandoor.